SMILE has been carrying out numerous social activities through its dedicated volunteer force in the areas of health, environment, water conservation, education and general improvement of the society. Some of the important activities are listed below:
- Blood Donation Camps: So far collected blood from more than 4,000 donors.
- Catering to Emergency Blood requirements. This is being done Everyday.
- Eye Camps: Distributed over 1,000 spectacles for free.
- Free Cataract Surgeries for the underprivileged: Many 100s of free surgeries have been performed.
- Medical camps: Camps conducted by SMILE has given benefit to more than 200,000 poor people.
- Veterinary camps: These camps have provided support to animals
- Cleaning of Common Places. So far around 1,000 locations have been cleaned.
- Distribution of Clothes to around 150,000 needy people.
- Reading support to around 150 Visually Challenged Students every year.
- Free Job Opportunities for around 1,300 people.
- Helping people during fire accidents, homeless victims during torrential rain and extra-ordinary help during TSUNAMI for the victims.
SUPPORT TO OTHER INSTITUTES
SMILE provides support to other NGO's like The Cancer Institute, BANYAN and works along with the Traffic Police Department in conducting Welfare programmes for the Auto rickshaw drivers and regulating Traffic.
SMILE has also conducted welfare programmes at Police Quarters on Issues like Water Management and Free Job Opportunities.
SMILE supports places of worship by involving volunteers in Pilgrim Traffic Management.